The Notebook: Boston University 5, Merrimack 2
- Updated: February 27, 2013
- Merrimack’s penalty kill, which killed all eight BU power plays on Tuesday, is now eighth in the nation and second in Hockey East behind only New Hampshire. The Merrimack PK has killed 40 of its last 42 penalties.
- With four games left, Merrimack sits in fifth place after Tuesday’s action but is just one point out of first. There is a four way tie for first, as BC, UNH, Lowell and Providence all have 28 points. Merrimack has 27, while BU has 26 points in sixth. The Warriors can finish no worse than sixth.
- Tuesday’s loss gave the Terriers the season sweep over the Warriors. They became the first team from Hockey East since UMass Lowell and Northeastern in 2008-09 (four seasons ago) to take all six points from the Warriors in a season.
- The three first-period goals allowed by Merrimack marked the first time they allowed three in the first since at Alaska on October 20, 2012.
- This marks Merrimack’s first two-game losing streak since November 9-16 when they dropped three straight to BU, UConn and BC. It’s their first road loss in exactly one month.